Since releasing Baseline+ earlier this year, we’ve found that a small percentage of our customers have experienced headaches in association with starting the product. The headaches can range in intensity but they’re always temporary when using Baseline+ in a responsible way.
What’s important to know is that Baseline+ is a hormone support supplement as well as being designed to assist in natural and healthy detoxification of excess hormones. The reason why these headaches are happening is due to this detoxification.
But Baseline+ is neither as strong as hormone replacement therapy that you’d receive from your doctor, nor is it as intense as a commercial product intended to detox your body rapidly like a specific juice or herb blend. Our product is intended for safe and healthy daily use for the majority of women. As with anything, always talk with your trusted doctor about what is right for you before adding any supplements if you are unsure.
One of the primary ingredients in Baseline+ is DIM, Diindolylmethane. DIM is a compound found in cruciferous vegetables which specifically supports hormone balance for both men and women as well as being associated with reducing the risk of cancer. One of the many reasons we included DIM in Baseline+ is because of its detoxification impact on excess estrogens in the body. Primarily xenoestrogens, which we absorb through our environment and through the foods we consume. Xenoestrogens aren’t true hormones, but chemicals that mimic hormones within our body and compromise our health long term.
But with DIM assisting in the removal of this artificial estrogen in our system, our body can more easily rebalance our own natural estrogen production. Estrogen dominance is common in many women, even when estrogen levels are actually testing low. Because the dominance refers to the relationship between estrogen and progesterone. Both should be in a natural balance given where you are in life and your reproductive age.
The occurrence of headaches when starting any DIM-based product can cause an alarm if there isn’t proper awareness of why this symptom has started. In fact, beyond headaches, bouts of fatigue and brain fog are also common side-effects when initially beginning DIM supplementation. This is a short-term response as the body works to clear out these toxins. Sometimes changes in the color or your urine may also occur as well. All of these symptoms will resolve in a few days if remaining consistent with DIM use. A very small percentage of our customers have noted bloating when starting Baseline+, and we expect those to be most sensitive bodies. And for that, we suggest using the protocol we will outline at the bottom of this article.
If you’ve experienced any of the above when adding Baseline+ initially, know that your choice to incorporate the product was likely very much needed due to an excess of toxins that your body wasn’t able to otherwise remove adequately on its own! It was likely a rough first week but due to the addition of the balancing and detoxing effects of Baseline+ your system has made a significant stride forward in internal health!
However, this detox doesn’t happen to every woman who starts Baseline+. Most of our customers feel great. Finding that right away they notice their skin improving, a drop in excess water weight, and PMS symptoms much easier to manage.
Here are our tips for getting the best experience with Baseline+
- Talk with your doctor first, especially if you are on other hormone support treatment plans or you’re breastfeeding.
- If you typically find yourself sensitive to supplements that contain ingredients for blood sugar or hormone support, you may want to slowly build up your use of Baseline+ rather than jumping right into the full dosage, which is 2 in the morning and 2 in the early afternoon.
- DIM is best absorbed with a meal. So we suggest taking Baseline+ with breakfast and your lunch or afternoon snack. You can take it on an empty stomach but our product also helps manage blood sugar so following the above outline is best.
- Use our “taper up” method if you find that your body doesn’t handle the introduction of Baseline+ well. To do this: for the first 5 days of using Baseline+, take 1 pill at breakfast only. For the next 5 days, you’ll take 1 pill with breakfast and 1 pill with lunch or snack. For the next 5 days, you’ll take 2 pills at breakfast and 1 pill with lunch or snack. After which you’ll achieve the full dose of 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. You’ll continue with this dosage schedule from here forward. If you accidentally skip a dose, don’t stress it! Your body will be fine, just resume the same schedule you were on at the next opportunity.
- Always make sure you are consuming proper amounts of water and are well hydrated with any herbal supplementation or supplement containing any detox properties. Water can help minimize headaches as well.
- It may be helpful to make a note of how you feel as you work through this “taper up” method. You are welcome to stretch the tapering schedule if you find your body needs more adjustment time. But if you find you have no symptoms, or they are mild enough for you to manage easily, you may also expedite the process!