Vitamin D is very important for bone and teeth health as well as protecting the body from a wide range of diseases and conditions. According to an article from NCBI, “An estimated 1 billion people worldwide, across all ethnicities and age groups, have a vitamin D deficiency.”
Despite its name, Vitamin D is actually not a vitamin at all, it is a pro-hormone which is a precursor of a hormone. Vitamins are nutrients the body cannot create and have to be consumed in the diet. Vitamin D can be created by the body. Even though the body can create vitamin D, there are cases in which one can become deficient. It’s important to have labs taken to assess where your vitamin D level is at.
Vitamin D plays some very important roles such as:
– Promoting healthy bones and teeth. According to the same article mentioned above from NCBI, “VDD (vitamin D deficiency) results in abnormalities in calcium, phosphorus, and bone metabolism. VDD causes a decrease in the absorption of dietary calcium and phosphorus, resulting in an increase in PTH levels. The PTH-mediated increase in osteoclastic activity creates local foci of bone weakness and causes a generalized decrease in bone mineral density (BMD), resulting in osteopenia and osteoporosis.”
– Supporting immune, brain and nervous system health.
– Regulating insulin levels & supporting diabetes management
– Supporting cardiovascular health and lung function
– Influencing the expression of certain genes in cancer development
Most Vitamin D supplements come from animal sources and animal byproducts. However, we use a vegan source of vitamin D in our immune support supplement Revive+ called Lichen which is a form of algae.
Because it comes from a plant source, it is arguably a purer source. It is easy to grow and naturally occurs in large quantities, so it doesn’t have a negative effect on the environment. It is also 100% natural.
Revive+ is an all around immune strengthening supplement that helps keep the body healthy on a cellular level and makes a great addition to any health and wellness routine!